Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Flashback: "Low" by Cracker


"Alt-Rock" was my ish back in high school. I cannot front.
Looking back now, it's easy to see how it was another corporate brand, but some of the music still endures. Like "Low" by Cracker.
I went internets digging for this joint last year, on one of my usual nostalgic turns. This song still works. And watching the video with Sandra Bernhard is still pretty funny, in an un-ironic way even.
I mention all of this because I interviewed Johnny Hickman of Cracker last week. He and lead singer David Lowery (the shirtless guy in the vide0) are coming to Monterey Live Friday night, to perform an acoustic set.
Hickman was a really great interview and had a lot of fond recollections of the old days. Looking back to that era, it's funny to see what bands are still left (Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Weezer to name a few) and see where Cracker fit in. They're in there somewhere, sort of.
Doesn't matter anyway. "Low" is and always will be a great song.

No comments: