Monday, May 10, 2010

Betty White on SNL


Betty White turned down an interview request from me earlier this year.
I was still a little salty about it when I mentioned this to my wife Saturday night, as we watched White host SNL.
"Get over it," she told me. "It's Betty White!"
She was right, of course. That's why I married her :)
Although White still owns a home on the Peninsula and has become a beloved local figure, particularly in the pet-loving community, she is Betty Frickin' White, aka America's favorite viejita. I can't be mad she doesn't have time to talk to me. I should just be happy her assistant was nice enough to personally call and politely decline the interview.
White was tremendous on SNL, especially in her opening monologue. And it was awesome to see the old female cast members (Tina Fey, Ana Gasteyer, Maya Rudolph, Rachel Dratch, Amy Poehler and my favorite, Molly Shannon) get up there too. Girl power for days.
Que Viva Betty White!
Rest of post here

No comments: