Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jay Z, Muse, Gorillaz headline Coachella 2010

The 2010 Coachella Festival lineup was announced today and once again, I'm impressed.
Of course, seeing Hov as the Friday night headliner is a treat, but I'm also excited that Gorillaz will close out the show. Muse on Saturday night will also be huge, since that's what the kiddies are all listening to these days.
I'm curious about what that Sly and the Family Stone set will look like. Will Sly show up 30 minutes into the set and then vanish a few moments later? Also, I saw Devo buried in the mix on Saturday, while Faith No More is listed pretty high up the same day (I love both bands, but that seems backward to me).
Overall, tons of bands that I love (quick short list would include Vampire Weekend, Grizzly Bear, MGMT, Phoenix, Spoon,) but for at least the second straight year, very short on hip-hop offerings. Besides Hov, you have Calle 13, P.O.S. and Wale on Friday, no hip-hop on Saturday, and De La Soul, B.o.B. on Sunday.
Still, it's a great lineup. Oh, and did I mention Thom Yorke will be there?

No comments: