Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rock The Bells Lineup Announced


Nas and Jr. Gong will headline Rock The Bells this year, it was announced on Tuesday.

Also on the bill are The Roots, Common, Big Boi, KRS-ONE, Reflection Eternal (Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek), Slaughterhouse (Royce Da 5'9", Crooked I, Joell Ortiz and Joe Buddens) and a House of Pain reunion (!).

This year's bill is definitely solid, with the return of The Roots a nice touch. Also Slaughterhouse will be dope, and House of Pain is also a classy nod (I wonder if Everlast will do any of his solo, post-H.O.P. material).

As far as headliners go, Nas and Jr. Gong falls a bit short of the Tribe Called Quest reunion from a year ago, but given they''ll have a new album of material to perform together, plus the combination of their respective catalogs should make for a great set (although personally, I would have preferred The Roots as the top bill).

My only sorta gripe is that they couldn't get Atmosphere on there. I think Slug and Co. deserve a slot on that lineup, given their success over the past year. Oh well, there's always next year. Regardless, this show will rock. I can't hardly wait.

No comments: