Thursday, December 04, 2008

8 Grammy nods for "The Best Rapper Alive?"


Last night, Lil Wayne got 8 Grammy nominations. And I'm like "What?"

I mean, I can't front on "The Carter III." Best selling album of the year, alladat. But geez, 8 friggin' Grammy Awards? That's all kinds of crazy.

I barely remember watching this year's Grammys, but I'm pretty sure I'll be watching next year, just to see what Wayne wins. I'm almost certain he'll take home the award for Rap Album of the Year, even though I'll be quietly crossing my fingers for Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool" (no nom for The Roots "Rising Down?" Bummer).

It'll be interesting to hear Weezy's name mentioned alongside the other album of the year nominees like Radio head, Robert Plant and Allison Krauss and Coldplay. If Plant and Krauss win, I wonder if they'll shout out Weezy? I think Chris Martin would definitely big up Wayne since Martin's so tight with Jay-Z. Man, the possibilities just keep getting weirder and weirder.

And what if "The Carter III" does win for album of the year? Will Baby show up out of nowhere and give an acceptance speech like he did when Juvenile won at the Source Awards about 10 years ago? Where is Baby in all of this anyway? He was nowhere to be found on "C3." If Wayne wins, will he kiss Baby on the lips in the crowd? Did I really just wonder about that out loud?

On a side note, I hope MIA's "Paper Planes" wins for Record of the Year. It's a really great record and deserves that type of shine. Won't be mad if Adele wins for "Chasing Pavements" either. That's me and my girl's favorite song of the moment.

No comments: