Friday, August 08, 2008

Listen To My Voice! with Jessica Simpson

Hi Haters!

So, you asked for it, and now you've got it — "The Beat" interview with Jessica Simpson.
Okay. I completely made that up. Nobody really asked for it. But I'm going to give it to you anyway.
I guess I've got to clear some things up off the top: despite the blonde moments she displayed on her reality TV show "Newlyweds", she didn't come off as unintelligent on the phone.
And no, I didn't interview her in person. These sort of things are almost always done over the phone.
All through the interview, I resisted the urge to play a game of word association. I so wanted to ask her “What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say Tony? Terrell? Webcam?
(that last one was a reference to the supposed webcam striptease she sent to her studly quarterback boyfriend who plays for that one team I hate)
Ultimately, Simpson came off as warm and friendly. She seemed genuine in her answers, polite and honest. She's doing country now, which is probably the right move for her, since that genre always makes room for the saccharine. Plus, she's dating that one guy who plays for that one team, so that's a pretty obvious entry point.
And yes, I did tell her to forget the haters at the end of the interview. I guess I was swept up in the moment. Sue me, hater.

No comments: