Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Refuge, other Salinas bands to perform at Jose's Lounge Underground Friday


Here's a sweet deal for only five bux. My folks My Refuge, along with a slew of other Salinas bands, will perform Friday night at Jose's Lounge Underground on Wave St. in Monterey. Here's the tiny bit of info I was able to snag from Jose's Myspace page:

Friday January 30, Salinas Super Showcase Featuring
Chels
Jake Bivins
My Refuge
Candyflip
Invoke
18 and over, $5 @ the door. Doors open @ 7 p.m.


My Refuge is a pretty potent alt/grunge rock band, headed up by my boy Ronald Butron, who also plays with another local fave of mine, Novela. My Refuge is more in the vein of Alice in Chains/Soundgarden, noisy angst pop with lots of harmony and moodiness. I'm not too hip to the other bands, but if they're from Salinas, hopefully they rep the Salad Bowl proper like.

No comments: