Friday, June 27, 2008

While I'm Away, Latin Valley Rockers, and Love Your Haters, et. al

So, I've been away at this high school journalism workshop the past week. Out of the newsroom, stationed in San Jose, working with young, energetic, ambitious writers and critical thinkers considering a career in a field where layoffs are abundant and any veteran with more than 20 years of experience will tell you that the sky is falling. Suffice it to say, I'm having a great time.

All the while, I've been trying to pace myself as I approach 200 posts, a modest achievement, but one I want to mark with something special, maybe. I'll figure it out in a post or two.

In the meantime, I get this, from a random reader who signed himself on as "Hip Hop is Hip hop Not 'Latin Valley Rockers'" and wrote in response to my N.E.R.D. "Seeing Sounds" review. He writes:

I for 1 am glad your Pastilla whatever didn't show up in the paper. LAME. Where you get off including Hip Hop in a blog about Latin Valley Rockers that 2 or 4 people are interested in I have no idea. U did that cuz u knew no one would look at your blog otherwise. Take your Rocker ass back to Mexico.


Wow. I guess he told me!

I responded with a "Thanks for reading," my customary response to any negative feedback. It's not like I'm lying. I really am thankful for the 2 or 4 people who take the time to read my work.

Not much else to say, but I am tempted to quote the poet Kanye West, who wrote "Love your Haters. Their your biggest fans."

Amen to that.

No comments: