Tuesday, March 15, 2011

R.I.P. Nate Dogg
















A West Coast original, singer Nate Dogg, who helped define West Coast hip-hop with his signature monotone singing style on numerous song hooks, passed away at age 41. He had been in poor health after suffering several strokes beginning sometime between 2007 and 2008.

I interviewed Warren G in 2009, and one of the first questions I asked was about Nate's health. Warren said his longtime friend was progressing, and they were hoping for a quick recovery, but the tone in his voice was not very convincing. Nate had been suffering for a while, and now he is finally at peace.
I plan on posting a mini-retrospective soon. In the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts on Nate or any of your favorite records. R.I.P. Nate Dogg.

No comments: