Sunday, February 07, 2010

Flashback: "The Beat" interviews Drew Brees (Feb. 2008)


A couple years ago, I got to interview Drew Brees at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Golf Pro-Am. Very cool guy, was nice enough to talk to me as I shoved a mini-cam in his face.
At one point, I asked him whether he was going to get his team back to the NFC Champiohship. "No," he said. "We're going to the Super Bowl." I admit, I subconsciously rolled my eyes at that one. I mean, I've been a huge fan since Brees was at Purdue, but no way could he take the Saints to the promise land. No way. Right? Wrong.
And here I am now, publicly apologizing for ever doubting him. The good thing is I can say I've interviewed a Super Bowl Winning quarterback. Congrats to Drew & them 504 boys, aka the New Orleans Saints.

Rest of post here

No comments: