Monday, December 10, 2007

Rabbit Season/Duck Season

Every morning, Monday through Friday, I get into my cozy corner open-cubicle and begin my hunt for blog material like a rifle-toting Elmer Fudd.
Actually, the blog-subject process begins before that, when I first wake up and start scanning the music channels (like this morning, when I finally saw the new Snoop Dog video where he's miming Prince and Al Green). If I have time, I'll go online and check a few Web sites to see if there's any fresh downloads I can drop on my iPod (nahright.com, chesing.blogspot.com and brooklynvegan.com are pretty reliable for those sort of things).
I get into the newsroom and my hunt continues, first through the news wires, then the national Web (okayplayer.com) and finally regional (the sound of young america at maximumfun.org and street-connect.com). When nothing else happens, I fudge it and come up with my own topics (such as superfluous entries about my blog-writing process).
And I get paid to do this. Our paper has put a premium on web content. I have to deliver. It's a tedious chore, but I get a kick out of doing what I do.
Happy hunting, y'all.

1 comment:

Jesse Thorn said...

That's maximumfun.org for The Sound of Young America, mon frer.